What is Jaundice?
Jaundice, also known as icterus, is a term used to describe a yellowish tinge to the skin and sclerae (the white part of the eye) that is caused by an excess of bilirubin in the blood (hyperbilirubinemia). Body fluids may also be yellow. Miric Biotech experts says Mild elevation in bilirubin levels causes the skin to become yellow. When bilirubin levels are very high, the skin takes on a brown or yellow hue actually it is not a disease but a sign of an underlying disease. Alcoholic liver disorder and viral hepatitis are the two most common diseases that result in Jaundice. Other underlying causes of Jaundice include malaria, cirrhosis, thalassemia, hepatitis A, cholestasis or other disorders of the liver.
The most prominent of all jaundice symptoms is the yellowish staining of the skin and whites of the eyes while some of the other common symptoms of jaundice include:
- Weight loss
- Dark yellow urine
- Pale colored stools
- Acute Inflammation Of The Liver– May Impair The Ability Of The Liver To Conjugate And Secrete Bilirubin, Resulting In A Buildup.
- Inflammation Of The Bile Duct– May Prevent The Secretion Of Bile And Removal Of Bilirubin, Causing Jaundice.
- Obstruction Of The Bile Duct– Prevents The Liver From Disposing Of Bilirubin.
- Hemolytic Anemia– Production of Bilirubin Increases When Large Quantities of Red Blood Cells Are Broken Down.
- Gilbert’s Syndrome– An Inherited Condition that Impairs the Ability of Enzymes to Process the Excretion of Bile.
Miric Biotech Ltd Doctors will most likely diagnose jaundice based on the patient’s history and a physical exam, paying close attention to the abdomen. A doctor may require blood tests to check levels of bilirubin and evaluate the composition of the blood while others include;
- Bilirubin tests
- Full blood count (FBC), or complete blood count (CBC)
- Hepatitis A, B, and C tests
- Papaya leaves:Add one tablespoon of honey to one teaspoon of papaya leaves paste. Eat this regularly for about one or two weeks. This is a very effective home cure for jaundice.
- Barley Water:Another hugely popular natural jaundice cure is barley water. Add a cup of barley to about three liters of water and simmer for a couple of hours. Drink this frequently during the day for relief from jaundice.
- Radish Leaves:You can extract the juice from green radish leaves and drink daily. It helps to regulate abdominal discomfort and also improves appetite. This treatment may be continued for 8 to 10 days.
- Indian Gooseberry:A useful natural treatment for jaundice, Indian gooseberry may be consumed along with water daily.
- Turmeric:Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Mix well and drink this three or four times a day.
“Choose Miric biotech Limited because our experts and your doctor work as one”